Motility and transit with an artichoke and ginger blend
Ingestion of food interrupts the rather continuous propagating wave supporting intestinal motility. Gastric-intestinal migrating motor complex (MMC) is a cyclical response that involves four phases of which phase III is the most active. While the vagal innervation of the stomach is involved, the MMC carries the peristaltic contraction distally. Both alpha adrenergic and beta cholinergic receptors are implicated in proper function of motility. Motility Activator is a patented combination of artichoke (Cynara cardunculus) and ginger (Zingiber officinale) extracts which has been the subject of two human clinical trials.
Key product features:
• A unique, well-tolerated, clinically-studied prokinetic agent*
• Supports gastric emptying in a dose-dependent manner*
• Contains a standardized extract of artichoke leaf Cynara cardunculus
• Supports gastrointestinal motility and transport*
• Supports gastrointestinal restoration*
- Wheat Free
- Dairy/ Milk Free
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
- Preservative Free
- Corn Free
- Free of Artificial Colors/Flavors
Recommendation: Take 1 capsule twice daily, or as recommended by your healthcare professional.
Warning: Do not use if you are allergic to plants of the Asteraceae (Compositae) family, including ragweed, or if you have bile duct obstruction. If pregnant, nursing, have gallstones, or taking prescription drugs, consult your healthcare professional prior to use.