Vitamin B6 to Support Energy Production, Metabolism and Normal Nervous System Function.
- Healthy Metabolism: Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) supports the normal metabolism of amino acids and other nitrogen compounds.*
- Vitamin B6 performs a wide variety of functions in the body and is extremely versatile, with involvement in more than 100 enzyme reactions, mostly concerned with protein metabolism.
- Vitamin B6 also plays a role in cognitive development through the biosynthesis of neurotransmitters and in maintaining normal levels of homocysteine, an amino acid in the blood.
- Nervous System Support: Many experimental and clinical observations support that adequate amounts of dietary vitamin B6 are required to maintain normal nervous system function.*
- End-stage renal diseases, chronic renal insufficiency, and other kidney diseases can cause vitamin B6 deficiency. In addition, vitamin B6 deficiency can result from malabsorption syndromes, such as celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis. Certain genetic diseases, such as homocystinuria, can also cause vitamin B6 deficiency. Some medications, such as antiepileptic drugs, can lead to deficiency over time. People with rheumatoid arthritis often have low vitamin B6 concentrations, and vitamin B6 concentrations tend to decrease with increased disease severity. These low vitamin B6 levels are due to the inflammation caused by the disease and, in turn, increase the inflammation associated with the disease.
- Douglas Laboratories researches, develops and manufactures the right suite of rigorously designed, science-based, healthy aging supplements. With a 60-year heritage of innovating and designing nutritional products, we push the potential of active individuals to continually perform at their personal best. | *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Douglas Laboratories’ logo, text, graphics, and photo images are the property of Société des Produits Nestlé S.A. and are used with permission. Copyright © 2021.